How to clean and maintain aluminum composite panel
The frequency of cleaning depends largely on the design, location of the building, and the degree of dirtiness on the aluminum panels.
- The aluminum composite panel is best cleaned using a soft, damp cloth. Water used should be about 20-30°C and mixed with a neutral detergent or minimal amount of soap.
- The panel surface might be scratched if cleaning with sharp cleaning tools.
- Aluminum composite sheets should be cleaned either manually or using a special cleaning device from top to bottom.
- After cleaning, the surface should be rinsed with cold water to remove any residue from cleaning materials.
- Do not use powerful alkaline cleaning agents, such as potassium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, caustic soda, or other powerful acidic products/heavily abrasive scouring agents that will damage the lacquered surface.
- We recommend cleaning the surface at least once a year after installation in order to maintain the finish.
Cleaning of Mirrorlike Surfaces
Even when Alushine products are handled with care, dirt and impurities such as finger prints can occur. Vilene or other fleece materials with no liquid additives are recommended for cleaning of the mirrored surface. If dry cleaning does not do the job, use water with a low surface tension for pre-cleaning. Then dry the surface again with a fleece cloth.
Any liquid cleaning agent should be pH neutral and non-abrasive. Cleaning agents for glass may be used if they respond to the aforementioned criteria.
It is suggested that a spot test be carried out on an inconspicuous area of the aluminum panel to ensure the cleaning agent will not damage the surface.